Yu Darvish,

Yu Darvish,

Notapor Cl11234566 » Sab, 11 Ene 2020, 03:17

San Diego, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Boston Red Sox have traded outfielder Yoenis Cespedes and a pair of minor leaguers to the Detroit Tigers for right- handed pitcher Rick Porcello. Were thrilled to be adding an All-Star to our team in Yoenis Cespedes, said Tigers president, CEO and general manager David Dombrowski. Cespedes is a dynamic all-around player who hits for power, provides solid run production and will play left field. Dombrowski also revealed on Thursday that the team is no longer pursuing former Cy Young Award winning right-hander Max Scherzer. Cespedes spent the first two-plus seasons of his big league career with the Oakland Athletics, but was sent to Boston at the non-waiver trade deadline in July in the Jon Lester deal. Cespedes had been an All-Star for the first time last season and batted .260 combined with 22 home runs and 100 RBI. The 28-year-old Cuban, who can become a free agent at the end of next season, is a two-time Home Run Derby champion and has hit 71 home runs in his three big league seasons with the As and Red Sox. Porcello, meanwhile, had his best season in 2014 for the Tigers, as he went 15-13 with a 3.43 ERA over a career-high 204 2/3 innings. The former first round pick also led the AL with three shutouts. Over the course of six seasons the 25-year-old Porcello has posted a 76-63 mark to go along with a 4.30 ERA in 184 games (180 starts). He will also be a free agent at the end of the deal. Also accompanying Cespedes in the deal are righty Alex Wilson and 19-year-old lefty Gabe Speier. Wilson has appeared in 44 games out of the bullpen for the Red Sox and is 2-1 with a 3.38 ERA. Alex Wilson is a solid performer who has pitched at the major league level and will compete for a job in our bullpen this spring, Dombrowski added. Gabe Speier is a young player that our scouts like. The Tigers also designated pitcher Melvin Mercedes for assignment to open space on the 40-man roster. Mariano Rivera Jersey . I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game. Ben Heller Jersey . To be fair, the celebrations are already anything but tame. Nerf ball tricks shots are just the tip of the iceberg for a group that has performed in zero gravity, faced pro-skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and an assembled team on the MTV series "Fantasy Factory", and even hit a basketball trick shot from a passing blimp. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/cust ... -804i.html. The announcement was made by the hall on Friday, March 14. She joins Switzerlands Denise Biellmann as this years inductees to the Hall, based in Colorado Springs, CO. Luis Severino Jersey . He will be practicing with the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) on a conditioning assignment. - @AnaheimDucks Corey Perry has a knee sprain and will miss the next three to four weeks. Derek Jeter Jersey . The commissioners office said Friday that Sears tested positive for metabolites of Methandienone. Sears will be 23 in March. He signed with the Braves in June 2013 out of Arizona Christian, an NAIA school, and is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Braves.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Jimmy Rollins had a grand slam during his memorable opening day for the Philadelphia Phillies, who needed a lot of runs to get usually reliable ace Cliff Lee a victory in his return to Texas. Rollins hit his 200th career homer and pinch-hitter John Mayberry Jr. had a tiebreaking two-run double that put the Phillies ahead for good in a wild 14-10 victory over the Rangers on Monday. Rollins matched Cal Ripkens major league record by starting his 14th consecutive opener at shortstop for the same franchise. He also became the 19th player in major league history with at least 400 doubles, 100 triples and 200 homers. "J-Roll, with the big pop early, just really set the tone and got things going," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "I think it was contagious after that." The Phillies had 17 hits and their most runs in a season opener since 1900. It was more than enough to make up for a rough outing for Lee (1-0), who was unable to protect a 6-0 lead after Rollins homered in the second inning. Rollins, whose wife is expecting their second child, flew to Texas on Sunday, a day after the rest of the team did. "I didnt want to come here and then have to fly to Philadelphia," Rollins said. "The baby has let me go out and play ball for a few more days." Marlon Byrd and Cody Asche also homered for the Phillies, who beat the Boston Beaneaters 19-17 in their 1900 opener. Converted Rangers reliever Tanner Scheppers gave up seven runs over four innings. But the game was tied when Scheppers threw his last pitch. Mayberry, a first-round draft pick by the Rangers in 2005 who never played for the big league club and was traded three years later, got his tiebreaking hit in the fifth against Pedro Figueroa (0-1) for a 9-7 lead. Lee matched his career high by allowing eight runs and struck out only one, but the left-hander made it through five innings in another less-than-stellar opener for him in the Rangers home ballpark. "I dont like being on the pitching side of that, but fortunatelyy we outscored them and got the win, the main thing," said Lee, who had a solid spring.dddddddddddd "Jimmy hitting that grand slam busted it open. And we kept adding it on and we needed it, as it turned out." Lee got a nice ovation before pitching in Texas for the first time since starting for the Rangers in Game 5 of the 2010 World Series. The lefty also made a season-opening start here for Cleveland in 2009, when the then-reigning AL Cy Young Award winner allowed seven runs over five innings in a 9-1 loss. With starters Yu Darvish, Matt Harrison and Derek Holland on the disabled list, Scheppers became the first pitcher since Fernando Valenzuela for the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1981 to make his first career start on opening day. Scheppers, who had 76 relief appearances last season, struck out two and walked three. "I was extremely disappointed. You bear down there. My pitches were around the zone," Scheppers said. "I was just trying to be too fine with everything, trying to hit corners. Unfortunately, I put the guys in a big hole." Texas went ahead 7-6 on Alex Rios three-run homer in the third, but Philly got even in the fourth on Chase Utleys RBI single, the first of his three hits. Phillies leadoff hitter Ben Revere also had three hits, drove in three runs and scored twice. He hit .305 last season, but missed the entire second half with foot problems. NOTES: It was the earliest interleague game in MLB history. ... The front-row seat by the Rangers dugout where Nolan Ryan used to sit was occupied by former Rangers and Phillies player Michael Young, who retired during the off-season. ... The national anthem was performed by the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra, 20 years after they accompanied the late Van Cliburn, an award-winning classical pianist who lived in Fort Worth, for a stirring rendition before the first regular-season game ever played at the stadium. ... Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmidt holds the Phillies record for consecutive starts on opening day with 16 (1974-89). ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Sugerencias