from teammates

from teammates

Notapor Cl11234566 » Lun, 16 Dic 2019, 03:00

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Coming off a poor performance, St. Louis Blues goaltender Jaroslav Halak gave up a goal 10 seconds into Tuesday nights game against the Buffalo Sabres. After that he was flawless, making 23 saves for the Blues in a 4-1 win. "I was hoping to get a few shots early in the game, but not the way it was," Halak said. "I started feeling more comfortable as the game went on, especially in the second I made some saves that got my confidence back and I started feeling better." Brenden Morrow scored twice and Vladimir Tarasenko and Magnus Paajarvi also scored, as the Blues continued their mastery of the Sabres (5-17-1). St. Louis has won 13 of 15 games against Buffalo since 1999. Tyler Ennis scored the Sabres goal, as Buffalo lost at home after consecutive home wins last week. Halak was pulled from Sundays loss in Washington after allowing three goals on six shots in just 16 minutes. St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock liked his goaltenders response. "Bottom line he played really well," Hitchcock said. "We needed him and he played good. Thats whats good for Jaro. He stepped back and he made some big saves today. Thats a good sign for us." At 14-3-3, the Blues are off to their best start through 20 games in franchise history. The Blues league-best power play stayed productive, scoring in their fourth straight game. Its a stretch thats seen the Blues go 6 of 17 with the man advantage. "We drew a couple penalties, got the first one on the power play to make it 2-1 and hung on from there," Morrow said. "They were able to put a lot of pressure, throw some pucks at our net and we gave up more shots than we usually do." St. Louis is 8-1 in its past nine trips to Buffalo. The Blues improved to 7-2 against Eastern Conference teams, outscoring opponents 31-17. Though the Blues outshot the Sabres 31-24, they got off to a slow start. After a dump of the puck into the Blues zone off the opening faceoff, Ville Leino stripped the puck from Jay Bouwmeester below the left faceoff circle and found Ennis, who beat Halak with a low shot to give the Sabres an early lead. Though Halak may have been jittery, St. Louis responded well to the quick setback. The Blues tied the game less than a minute later when Morrow pounced on a rebound and beat Ryan Miller at 1:09 of the first. "They got off to a great start, got a break early and we got one right back early that the changed the momentum back for us," Morrow said. Tarasenko scored a power-play goal with 36 seconds to play in the first period on a pass from T.J. Oshie, who collected his own blocked shot. Buffalo has been outscored 31-4 in the first period this season. The Sabres nearly equalized in the second period, but Halak used his right pad to deny Leino, who was facing an open net. "I gave up the rebound and just wanted to get there with my pad and lucky for me he didnt raise it over my pad and I was able to get there," Halak said. "It was a key save for me and we get another chance going the other way and we score. Couldve been 2-2, but instead its 3-1 and it was a huge goal for momentum." Morrows second of the game came when Cody McCormick lost the puck behind the Buffalo net. "That was a pretty sick snipe," said Stewart, who missed the morning skate with flu-like symptoms. "He was sitting there in the slot all alone and hes not going to miss from there. It was Morrows first multi-goal game since April 17, when he scored twice against Montreal. Stewart had two assists. The Sabres couldnt beat Halak again and interim head coach Ted Nolan saw a gulf between his team and the Blues. "You could tell the difference between some of the younger players we have and some of the more mature players they have," Nolan said. "So its just part of maturing." Defenceman Mike Weber returned to the Sabres lineup after missing 10 games with a hand injury suffered Oct. 25 against Florida. NOTES: Blues C Patrik Berglund missed his second straight game with an upper-body injury. ... The Sabres sent D Rasmus Ristolainen, LW Johan Larsson and C Mikhail Grigorenko to their American Hockey League affiliate in Rochester on Tuesday. ... Buffalo also sent D Nikita Zadorov to the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League. Wholesale Shoes Australia . So true. It is one thing to create a winning football team, and another to keep it winning. Each and every week it changes. The NFL creates a unique interest of not who is "the best", but much more who is "the best this week". Nmd Outlet Store . Joakim Nordstrom and Garret Ross also scored for Chicago and Corey Crawford made 30 saves. Tomas Tatar scored twice for Red Wings (2-3-0), Jonathan Ericsson added a goal and Gustav Nyquist had three assists. http://www.discountaustraliashoes.com/c ... e.html.com) - Devin Booker scored 19 points and top-ranked Kentucky put on a defensive clinic in an 83-44 obliteration of UCLA in the CBS Sports Classic. Discount Shoes Australia . -- Brady Heslip scored a season-high 20 points to help Baylor beat No. Wholesale Vans Australia . Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla.UMass guard Derrick Gordon hopes his decision to become the first openly gay player in Division I mens basketball will inspire others. "There are a lot of kids out there in my situation, probably far worse situations," he said in a phone interview with The Associated Press. "Maybe I can give a lot of kids that confidence that they need to get over that hump." Earlier Wednesday, Gordon made the announcement in interviews with ESPN and Outsports. He said he gained confidence by seeing an NBA team sign Jason Collins, who became the leagues first openly gay player when he joined the Brooklyn Nets this season. "Right now Im happy. Im free just to live my life," Gordon told the AP. The sophomore was the Minutemens fourth-leading scorer with 9.4 points per game last season. UMass reached the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998 and lost in its first game to Tennessee. He sat out the previous season after transferring from Western Kentucky to be closer to his family in New Jersey, where he played at high school powerhouse St. Patrick. Gordon said he told his parents he was gay March 30, informed UMass coach Derek Kellogg the next day and told his teammates two days later, which was last Wednesday. He said some of them probably have known since last summer. "They could sense it because I kind of separated myself from the team," Gordon said. "I didnt really hang out with them as far as going to parties and stuff. I really kind of kept to myself, kept quiet. We went on road trips -- Id sit by myself and they were always wondering why. I did it because I didnt want to put myself in a situation where maybe something happens and they end up finding out. Then what? Im not going to know how to handle thee situation.dddddddddddd" He said he appreciated the support hes received from his teammates since making his announcement. "Theyre ready to get back in the gym just as much as I am," Gordon said. "I cant wait to get back with them and get ready for this upcoming season." In the Outsports interview, Gordon said he considered quitting basketball last fall and isolated himself from teammates because of teasing. Over the summer, he had "liked" a photo on Instagram of him and his then-boyfriend in front of a gay bar. Gordon said Wednesday that he had talked several times with Collins, who made a trailblazing announcement last April when he came out in an interview with Sports Illustrated. In February, he became the first openly gay male athlete in the four major North American pro sports leagues. Collins tweeted that he was "so proud" of Gordon: "Another brave young man who is going to make it easier for so many others to live an authentic life." Michael Sam, an All-American defensive end at Missouri, came out in interviews with ESPN, The New York Times and Outsports in February after his college career ended. He is projected as a middle-round prospect in next months NFL draft. Sam tweeted congratulations to Gordon after the announcement: "You have so many in your corner and were all proud and rooting for you." Kellogg and UMass director of athletics John McCutcheon offered their support in statements from the school. The coach said that "I have the most profound respect for Derrick and the decision he has made to come out publicly." He called Gordon "a model student, a terrific competitor, but most importantly, he is a wonderful human being." ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Sugerencias