defence in five

defence in five

Notapor Cl11234566 » Lun, 16 Dic 2019, 02:53

BIRMINGHAM, England -- Former England midfielder Joe Cole signed a two-year deal with Aston Villa on Tuesday, giving him a chance to prolong his career with another Premier League club. The 32-year-old Cole joined the Birmingham club on a free transfer after being released by West Ham at the end of the season. "Im as excited now as I was as a 16-year-old lad going into my first season with West Ham," said Cole, who won three Premier League titles with Chelsea and earned 56 caps for England. Cole played a small part for the Hammers during his 18-month stint at the east London club. His last Premier League start was in a 3-3 draw against West Bromwich Albion in December. Prior to his return to West Ham, he had a successful loan spell at Lille after struggling to reignite his career with Liverpool in 2010. "Ive been lucky enough to have a really good career but theres still a lot more I want to achieve," Cole said. "This is a massive club and theres a massive opportunity for the club to push on. That was the main factor." Cole is the second major signing this summer for manager Paul Lambert, who is trying to bolster a squad that has been on the verge of relegation the past two seasons. Former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos joined Villa last week. Cole expects to play in central midfield for Villa, where he hopes help strikers Christian Benteke and Andreas Weimann boost their production. "Having those fast players in attack and around me, I feel like I can supply them with the bullets and get them the ball in the final third," he said. Andre Miller Jersey . -- Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe was alert and recovering at a Denver hospital Saturday after suffering seizure-like symptoms when the teams bus pulled into the airport Friday afternoon for the flight to Kansas City. Mo Williams Jersey .ca contributor Grant McCagg provides a look at some risers and fallers on the prospect watch. https://www.cheapcavaliers.com/1462q-tr ... liers.html. NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production. Chris Mills Jersey .Jeff Green, playing in his second preseason game after missing the first four because of a calf strain, had 18 points. The Celtics (3-3) shot 47.2 per cent from the floor and made 15 of 37 3-point attempts. Jim Brewer Jersey . So far, so good: Gonzalez has allowed one run through 12 innings this season. His second start came Tuesday night, when he gave up only three singles over six innings to lead the Nationals to a 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins.Charlie Nicholas says Arsenals strikers are not solely to blame for the clubs disappointing campaign, suggesting a central defender should be Arsene Wengers priority this summer. The Gunners slender title hopes were ended with a goalless draw at Sunderland on Super Sunday and a top-four finish is far from guaranteed with fifth-placed Manchester United five points behind with a game in hand.Wengers side are the lowest scorers in the top four and have found the net the same amount of times at home as second-from-bottom Newcastle, while they also have the joint-worst defensive record in the top four along with Manchester City. Former Arsenal forward Nicholas told Sky Sports: I accept over the last two months that the central striker area has been a massive problem, but theres been a problem from day one and thats at centre-back.Theres the soft excuse that Alexis Sanchez, Olivier Giroud, Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcott have all had their injury problems, but for me the biggest issue exists at the back. Arsene Wenger admitted he is worried about missing out finishing in the top four Theres been so many games where theyve been in control then boom, theres a weak defensive decision and then all of the sudden theyre over the place and the panic sets in.Its just not been solid at all and in my opinion Arsenal have not had a proper defence in five or six seasons.While Wenger has come under fire for failing to add anoother striker last summer, Nicholas thinks Real Madrids 22-year-old defender Raphael Varane could be the ideal candidate to strengthen the backline.dddddddddddd In my opinion Arsenal have not had a proper defence in five or six seasons. Charlie Nicholas When Arsene Wenger starts planning for next season, if he is there, which I think he will be, I would rather he addressed the defensive issues than bought a striker, he added.If I had a position to buy right now and a choice between a centre-forward and Raphael Varane, my priority would be Varane. Charlie predicts... Find out what Charlie is tipping up for Man City v Real Madrid here. It needs to be a leader but one of significance on the pitch, not like Per Mertesacker saying the right things in front of the camera 30 minutes before the game. Leadership isnt chit chat, its being willing to sacrifice yourself. Arsenal create chances and I know its a problem not taking them but they tend to take enough to win games. What they dont do is win games 1-0 like Leicester have been doing. Per Mertesacker saw red in Arsenals 1-0 defeat to Chelsea in January The hardest position to fill is the centre-forward but youve got to sort the basics first and I dont think it needs to be a superstar striker because of the chances they create. Giroud has a decent scoring record for the club and hes not a superstar.If they get Gonzalo Higuain in for say £50m and keep conceding two or three goals then they still wont win anything. Also See: Parlour: Wenger likely to stay Szczesny wants Roma stay Arsenal need to be careful Wilshere sets sights on Euros ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Sugerencias