faceoff dot found

Cumpleaños, motos nuevas, etc

faceoff dot found

Notapor Cl11234566 » Mar, 21 Ene 2020, 03:10

The only Canadian woman to achieve a world top-10 ranking in tennis is watching Eugenie Bouchards run at Wimbledon with great interest. Carling Bassett-Seguso was a world No. 8 almost 30 years ago. Currently 13th, Bouchard is assured of equalling that when the next rankings are released Monday. The 20-year-old from Westmount, Que., became the first Canadian woman to reach Wimbledons semifinals with a 6-3, 6-4 win over ninth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany on Wednesday. "Im telling you shes going to number one," Bassett-Seguso told The Canadian Press. "I watched her play. I dont watch too much womens tennis to be honest with you. I watched that match and I was just blown away. "She just takes the ball so aggressively. Her composure, I cant even believe shes 20. Her shot selection, her timing is impeccable. She really takes the ball early. If you look at her statistics, she hits more winners than errors." A victory over third-seeded Simona Halep of Romania in Thursdays semifinal can push Bouchards ranking higher than eighth and set a new pinnacle in Canadian womens tennis. Bassett-Seguso intends to be watching from her home in Bradenton, Fla., as Bouchard attempts to make more Canadian tennis history. "It gives me great interest to watch now," the 46-year-old said. "She has such great potential. "I love Wimbledon. I look at it and say they hit the ball way harder than I did. Its a totally different game now. Whats exciting is she can hit a lot of other shots too. I like to see the creativity too." Bouchard also reached the semifinals of this years French Open and Australian Open. Canadas Federation Cup captain Sylvain Bruneau agrees with the Bassett-Segusos assessment of Bouchards potential. "Can she be No. 1 one day? I wouldnt dare to put any limits on Eugenie," he said. "With three semifinals at 20 years old and the type of tennis she plays, I dont think there is a limit. "I think she can aim for big things in tennis. No. 1 in the world is something that is very possible. Right now, shes playing great tennis." These are heady days in Canadian tennis. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., also earned his first Grand Slam semifinal berth Wednesday with a 6-7, 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) win over Australias Nick Kyrgios. Bassett-Seguso, who blazed her own tennis trail in the 1980s, is enjoying it from afar. "For me, its great," she said. "Theres a big interest and I think its going to be such a great asset to Canadian tennis itself, on the mens side too." Torontos Bassett-Seguso turned pro at 15 in 1983 when there were no age minimums to play on tour. She reached No. 8 in the world two years later. She was a semifinalist at the U.S. Open in 1984 when she lost to Chris Evert. She also reached the quarter-finals of the Australian and French Opens during her career. She married U.S. tennis player Robert Seguso in 1987. The couple once ran a tennis academy in Florida, but are no longer involved in the sport. They have five children ranging in age from two to 26. The blonde, photogenic Bassett-Seguso became a Canadian celebrity with the nickname "Darling Carling." The teenager worked for the Ford Modelling Agency. She acted in the teen movie "Spring Fever", as well as a television episode of "The Littlest Hobo." The success came with pressure, however. Bassett-Seguso struggled with an eating disorder during her career. She lost some of her passion for the game after the death of her father John in 1986 from cancer, although she continued to play on tour until 1990. Bouchard, also tall and blonde, is likewise attracting her share of attention, and endorsements, as her career soars. She has a significant following on social media and her fan club is "Genies Army." But joining the worlds top 10 players requires unwavering commitment to the sport, Bassett-Seguso said. Tennis is a world sport with 145 countries as members of the International Tennis Federation. "Its hard. Im not going to lie. Its really hard," Bassett-Seguso said. "I dont think anything is too hard if you want something bad enough and you have a plan and you have the right people around you and you know what has to go into it. "Youre going to fall (in the rankings) at times and thats where you have to constantly believe in yourself and take baby steps. You have to stay focused. Tennis has to be your whole life. It has to be." --- Canadian Press sports reporter Bill Beacon contributed to this story. Follow @DLSpencer10 on Twitter. Nick Bosa Super Bowl Jersey . The Ravens werent about to let it happen again. Carleton picked up its fourth straight national mens basketball title, and 10th in the last 12 years, with a 79-67 victory over its crosstown rival on Sunday. Deion Sanders Super Bowl Jersey . Chelsea took until the second half to trouble the leagues bottom team, but Schuerrle then ripped through the defence with ease at Craven Cottage to keep Jose Mourinhos side on track for the title. http://www.authenticsf49erspro.com/Tarv ... rs-jersey/. Canada will host the second stop on the circuit, the 2014 Skate Canada International in Kelowna, British Columbia from October 31 - November 2, 2014 at Prospera Place. Matt Breida Super Bowl Jersey . Raonic, the No. 8 seed from Thornhill, Ont., fired 11 aces and did not have a double-fault as he comfortably advanced to the third round at the Masters Series event. Ronnie Lott Super Bowl Jersey . The 27-year-old hit .209 in 86 at-bats last year after missing the 2010 season following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.ST. JOHNS, N.L. -- IceCaps rookie goaltender Eric Comrie says he can have fun in just about every situation on the ice -- even a game in which 15 goals are scored between the two teams. Despite being down by four goals after the first period and rallying back to tie the game, the IceCaps lost 8-7 in overtime to the Springfield Falcons in American Hockey League action Friday. Comrie made 36 saves in his first pro game, after taking over from goalie Tyler Beskorowany 9:30 into the first period. "It was a fun game, no matter what," Comrie said. "Hockey is a fun sport and I have fun every time I go on the ice. It was an incredible crowd out there." IceCaps head coach Keith McCambridge said there are positives to be taken from the rally back from his team. "Being down 5-1 in the first period, and then to manage to get the lead in that game really speaks volumes of the character in that room," McCambridge said. McCambridge spoke highly of his back-up goalie, saying Comrie was "real sharp" in net. "Coming in under those circumstances, to come into that game against an excellent team, I thought he performed really well," he said. Springfields Sean Collins won the game in overtime, scoring with a quick wrister at the 2:50 mark of the extra frame. Jack Skille scored four goals in a five-point performance to lead the Falcons (43-20-6), while Carter Camper and Matt Taormina also scored. Patrice Cormier scored twice for St. Johns (41-22-5). Andrew Gordon, John Albert, Jerome Samson, Kyle MacKinnon and Carl Klingberg had a goal apiece. Down 6-4 in the second period, the IceCaps replied with three straight goals -- two in the second from Klingberg and Samson, and one from Albert at 6:25 of the thirdd -- to make it 7-6 for the home team.dddddddddddd But the Falcons tied the game again as Skille, with the extra attacker on the ice after Springfield pulled its goalie, scored on a wrist shot with 16.1 seconds left. The Falcons struck first, when an attempt to throw the puck out front from behind the net went in for Camper. The puck banked in off Beskorowany at the 7:01 mark of the first period, on the power play. Springfield doubled the lead when Skilles booming slapshot from the faceoff dot found the net high blocker 8:47 into the first period. Taormina scored a slapshot high glove for the Falcons from the left faceoff dot, beating Beskorowany for the last goal of his night 9:30 into the first. Comrie took over in net for the IceCaps after that. St. Johns closed the gap when Cormier was gifted a puck on a perfect pass from behind the net while waiting in the slot, and he buried it 15:08 into the first. Skille tapped in a cross-crease pass at the 16:34 mark of the first period to make it 4-2 Falcons. Sixteen seconds later, Bass scored a near-identical goal, finishing a cross-crease play on the same post. MacKinnon decreased St. Johns deficit to two goals at 17:25 of the first, scoring for the IceCaps as he finished off a 2-on-1 with Cormier. Cormier added his second of the game, scoring into a practically open net at 17:50. Gordon pulled the IceCaps within one, scoring from the faceoff dot with a high wrister 1:52 into the second period, but Skille completed his hat trick 2:46 into the second, beating a knocked over and sprawling Comrie in net. McKenna stopped 17 or 23 shots for the Falcons through two periods. Jeremy Smith made 12 saves in relief in the third. IceCaps starter Beskorowany stopped five of eight shots. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Felicitaciones