week used putter

Preguntas frequentes

week used putter

Notapor Cl11234566 » Jue, 16 Ene 2020, 02:34

WASHINGTON -- After scoring two goals for the first time in his NHL career, Dmitry Orlov was set to pace a big win for the Washington Capitals. But that changed when he committed a five-minute major penalty and helped pave the way for a comeback by the Philadelphia Flyers. Vincent Lecavalier scored at 2:45 of overtime and the Flyers rallied from a two-goal deficit for a 5-4 victory on Sunday. Trailing 4-2 entering the third period, the Flyers started their comeback when Jakub Voracek scored a power-play goal at 11:58. The Flyers were given a five-minute advantage when Orlov received a major penalty for boarding Brayden Schenn at 9:33. After Philadelphia sent goalie Steve Mason off for an extra skater, Claude Giroux sent the game to overtime, scoring his second goal of the game with 65 seconds left in the third. Adam Hall also scored for the Flyers, Kimmo Timonen had three assists and Mason made 25 saves. The defining play came when Orlov retaliated for a similar hit moments earlier by Schenn. "I understand you want payback, but youve got to be disciplined," Washington coach Adam Oates said. "You expect the other team to have a push. But lets not give them the push." Washington is familiar with the situation. It was the 14th time this season the Capitals blew a two-goal lead. "(The Flyers) are going to try to intimidate you and we just needed to play our game," Washington forward Eric Fehr said. "Thats not the style we play. We dont try to intimidate teams. We try to out-skill teams, out-work teams and try to score goals that way. We have to stick to our game plan and not get baited into theirs." Washington had a chance to pass Philadelphia in the Metropolitan Division and get into playoff position for the first time since Jan. 18, when it was mired in a seven-game losing streak. But the Flyers left D.C. with an uplifting victory. "Coming through in one of the biggest moments of the year right now is great to see," Mason said. "For us to be able to force overtime and get the one point at least and then come through and get the second one against a divisional opponent who is right behind us in the standings, its huge." After getting outshot 17-6 in the opening period, Philadelphia put 30 shots on goal to 12 for the Capitals. "First period wasnt good. I thought that we were good after that," Flyers coach Craig Berube said. "I liked the second period. I liked the third obviously." Braden Holtby had 31 saves. Mike Green had three assists for Washington. Marcus Johansson and Jay Beagle also scored goals for the Capitals in a physical game. Washington took the lead as Troy Brouwer passed from behind the net to Orlov, whose slap shot rattled the corner post for his second goal of the season at 6:06 of the first. Philadelphia tied it at 11:22 of the period when Giroux scored on a slap shot on a power play. Even as some Flyers celebrated the goal, officials initially failed to count it. But 90 seconds of playing time later, after a stoppage and a video review, Giroux was awarded his team-high 20th goal. The Capitals regained the lead three seconds after the expiration of a power-play chance as Johansson tipped-in a red line pass from Jason Chimera for his eighth goal at 13:56. Philadelphia tied it at 12:50 of the second period with a turnover from Washingtons Alex Ovechkin, who left the puck near his own goal, expecting a trailing teammate to pick it up. But the Flyers Sean Couturier was the first one to it and passed to Hall for a blast from the point. Less than a minute later, Green assisted on a goal by Beagle to help the Caps retake the lead and also assisted on Orlovs second goal of the game at 16:23 of the second to give Washington a 4-2 lead going into the third period. But thats when Washington fell into Philadelphias aggressive style of play. "Thats the kind of game that that team wants to play," Oates said. "Theyre good at that. Were not." NOTES: Washington was without Mikhail Grabovski, who aggravated a left ankle injury in the first game after the Olympic break. The injury had forced him to miss eight games before the break. ... Goalie Ray Emery did not make the trip to Washington. He is day to day with a lower-body injury. As a result, it was Masons third start in less than 70 hours as Philadelphia did not give AHL callup Cal Heeter his first NHL start. Carolina Hurricanes Gear . The Toronto Argonauts signed the veteran linebacker to a three-year deal Tuesday, hours after the start of CFL free agency. Carolina Hurricanes Shirts .com) - His team lost in the round of 16 of the FCS playoffs, yet Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley says his team has made a strong case to be voted to the top 5 in the final rankings. https://www.cheaphurricanes.com/. Andrews, Scotland - Oliver Wilson fired a final- round, 2-under 70 on Sunday and he held on to win the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship by one shot. Wholesale Hurricanes Jerseys . Fielder has been out with a herniated disk in his neck, and surgery was recommended after a follow-up exam and another scan Thursday with Dr. Hurricanes Jerseys 2020 . Head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed on Sunday that his starting goalie has a head injury and the team will take it day by day.PINEHURST, N.C. -- Lucy Li made two double bogeys, a triple bogey and finished her historic round at the U.S. Womens Open just like any other 11-year-old girl. She went straight for an ice cream. The sixth-grader from the Bay Area held her own at Pinehurst No. 2 except for three bad holes. Li wound up with an 8-over 78. That put her 11 shots behind the early leader, two-time major champion Stacy Lewis, and a long shot to become the youngest ever to make the cut in the Womens Open. Li already is the youngest qualifier in championship history. She dressed for PINEHURST, N.C. -- Lucy Li showed her age only when she finished her historic round Thursday at the U.S. Womens Open. Just like any 11-year-old, she went straight for an ice cream. The youngest qualifier ever at the Womens Open played a grown-up game at Pinehurst No. 2, except for three holes that made her 8-over 78 look a lot worse than it was and stretched the odds of her becoming the youngest player to make the cut. "She looks 11. She doesnt talk 11. And she doesnt hit the ball like shes 11," said Catherine ODonnell, who played with her in a sunbaked opening round on a course that only four days ago hosted the mens U.S. Open. The sixth-grader from the Bay Area was the star attraction, right down to her Stars & Stripes outfit to celebrate the occasion. She wore a mid-drift shirt patterned after the American flag, with a similar motif for a skirt, complete with silver stars that matched the colour of her braces. Li wound up 11 shots behind Stacy Lewis, the No. 1 player in the world who opened with a 67. But one moment was telling. The kid made a 7-foot birdie putt on the par-5 fifth hole and headed to the next tee, her braided pigtails swinging with each step. The media and a large gallery followed her right past the adjacent green, where hardly anyone noticed Lewis making her way around Pinehurst with no bogeys. Only this was more than just a sideshow. Li missed only one fairway -- by less than a yard. Even though she hit fairway metals into half of the holes, she rarely got out of position. Now if she could only take back three shots that led to big numbers. "It was a lot of fun. I kind of struggled today, but it was great," Li said, pausing to lick her ice cream between answers. "I mean, its 8 over. Its not bad. But I was 7 over in three holes, so thats 1 over in 15 holes. So yeah, I just need to get rid of the big numbers." Li had the same score as ODonnell, Natalie Gulbis and Jessica Korda, a two-time winner on the LPGA Tour this year. There already were 11 rounds in the 80s. Perhaps most remarkable about her round, besides the 13 pars and two birdies, was how she bounced back from mistakes. "Thats what I was so happy about in my round," she said. "Because after I got doubles and triples, I was able to get it back. Like I made a good stretch of holes after the double on the first hole. And after the triple, I birdied No. 5..ddddddddddddAnd I got a lot of pars after that." Li left a tough angle for her third shot on the par-5 10th hole and came up short and into a bunker. The sand shot looked reasonable until it kept rolling off the back of the green. She chipped with her wedge (a pink shaft) to about 8 feet and missed the putt to take double bogey. Another double bogey came on the 450-yard 16th hole when her fairway metal went into a bunker some 20 yards short of an elevated green, leaving a shot so hard even the best men would have a tough time. Her bunker shot was not strong enough, and she wound up missing a 7-foot bogey putt. Asked to have one swing back, it would be the wedge on the short third hole. She went left of the flag, and it trickled off the turtleback green -- the signature of this Donald Ross course -- and into a bunker. She blasted out over the green, chipped on to 18 feet and three-putted for triple bogey. But she made a pair of smooth birdies -- a 6-iron to 15 feet on No. 1, and a wedge to a right pin position on the fifth hole -- along with some tough par saves. The best came at the 426-yard eighth hole, when her 5-wood from 198 yards went long and over a steep slope right of the green. She lofted a pitch perfectly, and it rolled 6 feet by the cup. This is the same hole where John Daly putted off the green so many times in 1999 that he whacked the ball with his putter when it was still moving and rang up an 11. "Give her that shot again and she cant do that another 50 times, probably," ODonnell said. Along the way in a 5 1/2-hour round, Li often plopped to the ground in the shade and sat until it was time to hit, one time munching from a cup of fruit. "I normally sit down even more than that," she said, giggling as always. Kaymer last week used putter exclusively when he was just off the green. Li chose to chip because thats what made her more comfortable. She won the driving and chipping portion of the Drive, Chip & Putt Championship two months ago at Augusta National. That was for kids. This is for grown-ups. She fit in just fine. "Shes so much more mature than I could possibly imagine," said Jessica Wallace, the other player in their group. "Shes a lot better than people thought. Shes very capable on this golf course. She played like she belongs out here. And it was a real pleasure." The youngest player to make the cut was 13-year-old Marlene Bauer, who tied for 14th in 1947. That was the second U.S. Womens Open, and Baeur -- whose married name was Hagge -- became one of the founders of the LPGA Tour. It was a long day for Lucy Li, and part of her was glad it was over. She also was looking forward to another chance Friday. And what will she do in the meantime? "Eat some more ice cream," she said. the occasion -- an American theme, with silver stars among her red, white and blue outfit. She made two birdies and a couple of grown-up par saves. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a FAQ