more win last

Preguntas frequentes

more win last

Notapor Cl11234566 » Jue, 02 Ene 2020, 03:20

MONTREAL -- Agnieszka Radwanska was the best, most consistent player all week, and thats what made her the womens Rogers Cup champion. The third-seeded Radwanska, the first Rogers Cup champion from Poland, defeated Venus Williams 6-4, 6-2 to pick up her first tournament win of the year at the US$42.44 hardcourt event and the $441,000 winners prize. The 34-year-old Williams earned $220,000. The 25-year-old Radwanska used her relentless baseline game to dominate a tired and impatient Williams on Sunday, who was coming off an emotional, three-set victory over her top-ranked sister Serena Williams in a semifinal on Saturday. "I think I was playing much better every match," said Radwanska. "I didnt start that well from my first match, but every match was much better. "Thats why I think I sitting right here now with you (reporters). I was feeling the balls much better." The Krakow, Poland native shot off to a 4-1 lead, but Venus Williams answered with a break that had the centre court crowd on its feet as Radwanska hit a drop shot, Williams dropped back, Radwanska hit a lob and Williams got back in time to win the point with a cross-court smash. Radwanska settled back in to finish the set and opened the second with a service break. After Williams broke to tie it at 2-2, she gave the break to Radwanska with a pair of double faults. Radwanska cruised the rest of the way, punctuating her victory with an ace on match point. Radwanska, ranked fifth in the world to Williams 26th, posted her first Rogers Cup win after twice reaching the semifinals. It was her first tournament victory since 2013 at Seoul. Williams, a seven-time Grand Slam winner, had an excellent week that will put her back into the world top-20 starting Monday. It included wins over sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber and 14th-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro. She fell short in her bid to become the events oldest champion after Martina Navratilova, who won 52 days short of her 33rd birthday in 1989. "Its been a really long week," said Williams. "I played like six matches in a row. "Against her, you really have to be patient. Today I just didnt have everything to be patient and really work the point. I wanted to give more, but I just didnt have it. It felt great to play so well this week. I really would like to think under circumstances where I could give everything I have, that the results could have been a little different." Organizers announced the tournament drew 181,996 spectators, topping the previous high of 175,000. Sales were boosted by the recent success of Eugenie Bouchard, but the Westmont, Que., native lost her first match on Tuesday to Shelby Rogers. LaTroy Hawkins Jersey . The traditional pre-Masters event was halted early due to inclement weather. Harrington, who tied for first in 2003 and won in 2004, became the first three-time champion of the event. Justin Steele Jersey . And, just for good measure, lets say the lottery team finishes the game short-handed because two starters come down with the very same injury. http://www.customcubsjersey.com/. TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted on Monday that Hemsky will be going to market as an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Lee Smith Jersey .com) - Tony Parker scored 17 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a comfortable 99-85 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Koji Uehara Jersey .com) - Kam Chancellor bobbed his head in celebration as he crossed the goal line on his game-clinching 90-yard interception return.With their loss to the Oakland Athletics on Thursday night, the Toronto Blue Jays lost sole possession of first place in the American League East for the first time in 43 days. Not only were they bumped out of first in their division, but theyve also dropped out of a wild card spot, trailing the Los Angeles Angels and the Seattle Mariners by a game going into Fridays match-up. Which brings the question with just over a week until the All-Star Break - is this team actually a playoff contender? Since their last World Series victory, the Blue Jays have been mired in a 20-year playoff drought. But it wasnt like they werent trying to change their ways. That blockbuster trade with the Marlins in 2012 produced just one more win last season than the previous one. They finished 23 games behind the John Farrell-led Boston Red Sox and 17 1/2 games back of a wild card spot. So where do things sit for this season? How did they stay atop of the division for such a long period of time? The offence has certainly been a factor. The team has had their fair shaare of home runs - especially in the month of May led by Edwin Encarnacion - but the small ball has been evident too.dddddddddddd And it certainly has - until recently - a lot to do with a healthier roster. But the real question around this team making it to the postseason will depend on their ability to crawl back to a comfortable lead. They have a tough ten-game road trip prior to the All-Star break. In their first lengthy road trip of the season, they went a combined 3-7 in Baltimore, New York and Cincinnati. And over the past six seasons, Toronto has struggled hard on road trips of nine or more games. In fact, since their nine-game road losing streak in 2009, the Blue Birds have an abysmal 66-108 record over 18 road trips of nine or more games. Over those 18 road trips, they returned home with a winning record just three times. That all said, do you think the Toronto Blue Jays will re-take the division and make the playoffs this October or will are we looking at another disappointing season? As always, its Your! Call. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a FAQ