with elbow inflammation

CUANDO SE ENTRE POR PRIMERA VEZ A SALUDAR A TODOS.

with elbow inflammation

Notapor Cl11234566 » Vie, 10 Ene 2020, 03:20

ST. PAUL, Minn. - When the Minnesota Wild hired Mike Yeo as a first-time NHL head coach, he fit their criteria for a bench boss who could develop several top, young players. Yeo has undergone his own growth in that time, too, and the Wild were satisfied enough with the results on both fronts to make another commitment to him. After his three-year contract extension was finalized last weekend, Yeo appeared with general manager Chuck Fletcher at a news conference Friday to discuss the deal and the teams future. The Wild advanced to the second round of the playoffs for only the second time in franchise history, and Fletcher praised Yeos ability to help keep the players on an even keel during some challenging stretches as injuries piled up. "He improved by leaps and bounds, and its not just understanding that you have to make those adjustments. Its the confidence to make them, and the confidence to sell them to your team," Fletcher said, recalling their conversation from last summer about areas where both the Wild and Yeo could improve. In the final year of his contract, Yeo was in a precarious place after a six-game losing streak to finish 2013. But despite notable absences by Mikko Koivu, Zach Parise and the top two goalies, Yeo and his staff not only held together the group but guided a resurgence that transcended the regular season. "Id be hard-pressed to sit here and name one player that wasnt better now than what he was at the beginning of the year," Fletcher said, adding: "The funny thing: At the exact point in the year when you thought wed fall apart, we actually became a team. And theres a lot of work that went into that, and again Mike and his staff deserve a lot of that." Yeo, who will turn 41 next month, has a career record of 104-82-26, plus 7-11 in the playoffs. Though Fletcher waited until June to address his status, Yeo said there was never a point at which he became nervous. Thats a hallmark of his, actually, as evidenced by his demeanour through and triumph over the losing streaks and fluke injuries of the 2013-14 season. Yeo gave four different goalies 10 or more starts each, and the carousel didnt stop spinning once the playoffs came. Darcy Kuemper and Ilya Bryzgalov both took turns, due to injury and performance, but the Wild beat Colorado 4-3 in a first-round thriller and gave Chicago fits until falling 4-2. "The team took on Mikes demeanour, and I think that helped us get through," Fletcher said. "Hey, were down 2-0. No big deal. They come back late and score? No big deal. We just kept finding a way to hang around and hang around until we could put the last shot in the net." Yeo showed a knack as a tactician during those series, too, making plenty of adjustments to his front lines that paid off against a pair of opponents in the Avalanche and Blackhawks that boast a lot of fast, skilled forwards. "The line switches, thats something I tried to make a conscious effort of at the start of the year, not only for me to grow as a coach but also for our team to get more used to it," Yeo said, adding: "But its always the players that make you look smart." Yeo said he didnt feel any more pressure to win this season than in his first one. He also pondered a question about when he felt the Wild truly clicked in the last few months before punting on the answer. "It never really gets to that point," he said, laughing. "I wish it did." Hideki Matsui Jersey . A little more than one year after missing a last-second tip-in that would have given the Wolverines a share of the Big Ten regular-season title, the 6-foot-8 forward scored on a layup with 7. Giancarlo Stanton Jersey . With Bernard hurt, the second-round pick has emerged.Hill ran for 152 yards during a 27-10 win at New Orleans on Sunday, his second big game. He also ran for 154 yards against Jacksonville earlier this season. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/cust ... 44i.html.C. -- Kevin Harvick won his first career pole at Darlington Raceway on Friday as he looks to chase his first Southern 500. Custom Derek Jeter Jersey . Fielder has been out with a herniated disk in his neck, and surgery was recommended after a follow-up exam and another scan Thursday with Dr. Thurman Munson Jersey . With just under five seconds remaining - the Raptors having clawed back from a 19-point deficit and pulled within one - DeRozan took the handoff from Chuck Hayes.OAKLAND, Calif. -- As if Tommy Milone needed any more pressure on him after the Oakland Athletics lost his first five starts, the team sent struggling Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento before the game -- sending a message that he could be next one bumped from the rotation. Milone responded with one of the best outings of his young career. The lefty tossed eight innings of two-hit ball for his first win of the season, and three teammates homered to power the As past the Washington Nationals 8-0 on Friday night. "I think maybe a little bit of a vote of confidence that it wasnt him (sent down)," As manager Bob Melvin said. Brandon Moss homered and had three RBIs, and Yoenis Cespedes and John Jaso each hit a solo shot to back Milones gem. Milone (1-3) struck out seven and walked three, leaving after 108 pitches. Milone said he didnt look at the clubs move to demote Straily instead of him as any kind of boost. Instead, he said he embraced the chance to pitch under pressure. "I think just the energy level, I felt lifted -- just grab the ball, get on the mound and throw it," Milone said. Fernando Rodriguez pitched a scoreless ninth in his first appearance in the majors since October 2012 after rehabbing from elbow ligament replacement surgery. Moss and Cespedes homered on consecutive pitches in the fifth as the AL West-leading As foiled Doug Fisters season debut. Fister (0-1) allowed nine hits and seven runs in 4 1-3 innings. He struck out two and walked none. "Physically, I felt like I was in the right place," Fister said. "I felt strong. It was lack of execution." The biggest trouble Milone faced came in the seventh, when he struck out Danny Espinosa with runners on first and second to end the inning. It was the first time Milone, who made his major league debut for the Nationals in 2011, completed at least seven innings this season. Milones teammates credited his ability to pitch inside and low in the strike zone. "He was awesome. Thats pretty much all I got," Mooss said.dddddddddddd. "Weve definitely seen that all before from him." Nationals manager Matt Williams was all smiles before the game with Fister back and his rotation finally at full strength. Washington acquired Fister from Detroit during the off-season for left-handers Robbie Ray and Ian Krol and utility man Steve Lombardozzi. The Nationals entered the spring expecting Fister to help fill out the back end of the rotation. But he dealt with elbow inflammation in March and sat out the start of the season because of a strained back muscle. The native of nearby Merced in Californias Central Valley made his Nationals debut in front of several family members at the Coliseum -- though the free-swinging As hitters never allowed him to feel at home. Fister put himself in a jam in the first by overthrowing first baseman Kevin Frandsen on a grounder by Josh Donaldson, who advanced to third on the play -- one of three errors by the Nationals. Moss followed with an RBI single to give the As a 1-0 lead. "When you give them extra outs, youre asking for trouble," Williams said. Most of Oaklands runs, though, came via the long ball: Jaso hit his second home run of the season in the third, Moss hit his sixth homer in the fifth and Cespedes followed with his seventh homer on the next pitch to put the As up 7-0. It was the first time the As hit back-to-back home runs this season. NOTES: An MRI confirmed As CF Coco Crisp has a strained neck, Melvin said. Crisp, who was injured when he crashed into the wall to make a leaping catch in the opener of Wednesdays doubleheader, is day to day. ... The As placed reliever Ryan Cook on the 15-day disabled with a strained right forearm. Cook and Melvin said they dont believe the injury is serious. ... Nationals OF Nate McLouth is expected to start Saturday after cutting his right hand while making a diving catch in foul territory Monday. ... RHP Sonny Gray (4-1, 1.91 ERA) goes for the As on Saturday against Nationals RHP Tanner Roark (2-1, 4.17 ERA). ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Presentarte