I play well

CUANDO SE ENTRE POR PRIMERA VEZ A SALUDAR A TODOS.

I play well

Notapor Cl11234566 » Vie, 10 Ene 2020, 03:18

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Rodney Stuckey pulled the Pistons out of trouble. Stuckey came off the bench to score 26 points and the Detroit reserves helped wipe out a 19-point deficit as the Pistons topped Boston 115-111. Stuckeys free throws with 57 seconds left broke a 111-all tie and gave Detroit the lead for good. "They got us back in with their energy," coach John Loyer said of his reserves, who helped the team end a two-game skid. The Pistons trailed by 19 points in third quarter and were down 95-85 at the start of the fourth before embarking on a 15-4 run that gave them their first lead since early in the game. The teams traded the lead several times before Stuckeys free throws. Bostons Jerryd Bayless tried for a go-ahead shot in the final seconds but his 3-point try rimmed out. Greg Monroe had 21 points and Brandon Jennings added 20 for Detroit, which also got 19 and 20 rebounds from Andre Drummond, who tied the game at 111 on a tip with 1:52 to play. Thirteen of his caroms were on the offensive glass, giving him 402 this season and making him the most prolific single-season offensive rebounder since 2000. "I pride myself on getting offensive rebounds," Drummond said. "Thats how I get my points." Jerryd Bayless had 25 points and Jeff Green added 22 for the Celtics, who lost their eighth straight and have dropped 12 in a row on the road. Bostons lead was 82-63 midway through the third before Detroit rallied produced a handful of runs to keep the lead from getting past 20. Pistons reserve Jonas Jerebko had consecutive 3-pointers midway through the final period to give the Pistons a lead. Rookie Peyton Siva had all five of his career-best five assists in the fourth. "The reason we won the game was Peyton Siva," Drummond said. "His energy in the fourth quarter was tremendous. He ran the show. The Celtics looked sharp from the field in the first three quarters but had several droughts in the final period. They had just six field goals and 16 points in the fourth and did not score in the final three minutes. "I thought we let off the gas defensively a couple of times and all of a sudden, instead of a 19-point game, its a 13- or 12-point game," Boston coach Brad Stevens said. "We have seen that time and again in this league that those leads go quick." Bostons Jared Sullinger, one of the worst 3-point shooters (.253 per cent) in the league, made his first four tries from behind the arc. He scored 22 points and had 10 rebounds Saturday night in place of the injured Kris Humphries. Rookie Phil Pressey added a career-best 11 assists. Boston guard Rajon Rondo, who had a triple double in Fridays loss to Philadelphia, did not play Saturday. Hes missed the second game of back-to-back nights since he returned to the roster in January. NOTES: Drummonds offensive rebound total is the most since New Jerseys Jayson Williams (443) and Chicagos Dennis Rodman (421) during the 1997-98 season. . Detroits bench outscored Bostons 38-11. . Humphries missed the game after injuring his right patella tendon in the loss to Philadelphia. . The Celtics last road win was Feb. 10 at Milwaukee. . Detroit hadnt won consecutive home games since mid-February. Forrest Gregg Jersey . - Ryan Spooner scored twice to lead the Boston Bruins to a 6-1 victory over the New York Islanders in a preseason game Friday night. Marcedes Lewis Jersey . The Raptors have been outscored 88-66 in the opening quarter over a three-game span to begin the month of February. Their most recent loss, 109-101 in Sacramento on Wednesday, was eerily similar to Saturdays defeat at the hands of the Trail Blazers. http://www.custompackersjersey.com/cust ... -622r.html. 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell. Herb Adderley Jersey . A steady downpour and low temperatures were predicted for much of the night. No makeup date was immediately announced, although it was determined that the game will not be part of a doubleheader on Wednesday. Don Majkowski Jersey . The Suns termed Fridays surgery by team doctor Thomas Carter a success. No timetable was given for Bledsoes return but the team said in a news release that he "will pursue a possible return to action during the second half" of the season.SACRAMENTO - Some say that living well is the best revenge. At least four players on the Raptors roster subscribe to that philosophy. When Torontos Patrick Patterson, John Salmons, Greivis Vasquez and Chuck Hayes return to Sacramentos Sleep Train Arena Wednesday, theyll be feeling a lot better about themselves than when they were last in the building, when they called it home. Its been nearly two full months since that fateful night in Los Angeles when a seven-player trade shook the foundation of the Raptors franchise. As reports began to circulate hours before tip-off, the timing of the deal caught everyone off guard. In exchange for the bloated contract and modest production of Rudy Gay - along with Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray - Toronto took back four veteran wild cards. Each of the four had experienced some level of individual success in the league. Vasquez and Patterson - the youngest of the four - were both coming off career seasons, one in New Orleans, the other in Houston. Hayes - a nine-year vet - had been a starter with the Rockets and Salmons, now in his 12th season, was a key contributor to playoff teams in Chicago and Milwaukee. At 34 and 30 respectfully, Salmons and Hayes immediately became the elder statesmen on a young Raptors squad. Each of them had started in at least one of Sacramentos first 18 games. They were rotation players for a team that was 5-13 at the time of the trade. "Coming from here in Sacramento, things werent that great," Salmons said, candidly reflecting back on the trade after wrapping up practice in the Kings gym Tuesday. "So when we got the opportunity to come here we just wanted to take advantage of it. Losings not fun and this team had a chance to make a run at the playoffs." Without Gay, who was shooting 39 per cent and hoisting just under 19 shots per game, most anticipated there would be at least some addition by subtraction but no one - even internally - knew what to expect from the incoming Kings players. Likewise, they didnt know what to expect from a Raptors team that had a 6-12 record prior to that game in LA on Dec. 8. "I mean you hear stuff about other teams, but the only thing you really know is their record," Salmons added. "You know their record, you know their roster but you dont know the whole story. So coming in all we saw was the record, we didnt know that the locker room was full of good guys." Toronto has gone 19-10 since the trade was made official, 19-9 since the acquired players made their Raptor debuts, good for the third-best record in the Eastern Conference over that stretch. Not only did the trade improve the Raptors bench, it made their bench. On most nights, Dwane Casey has settled into a strict nine-man rotation, using the four ex-Kings as his primary reserves. Torontos bench combined for 35 points on 52 per cent shooting in Mondays win over the Jazz. They have scored 30 or more in three of the last five contests and are averaging 26.6 points since the trade. Casey has entrusted them to be on the floor in key situations. Quite frankly, theyve earned it. "I feeel like we got four veteran, solid players that really helped us in a lot of different ways and gave us some toughness off the bench," the Raptors coach said.dddddddddddd. "Right now, obviously [Toronto is] playing at a very high level," said Kings coach Mike Malone. "I think all four of our guys are helping them at different points." The newcomers have each put their stamp on the teams run. Often the first player off the bench, Patterson is logging fewer minutes than he was in Sacramento, yet averaging three more points per game, contributing nearly 10 as a Raptor. Hayes has carved out a niche as a reliable, savvy and hardworking stopper and rebounder. Salmons, a two-way player, has become Torontos third ball handler. Of the four, Vasquez is the only one who has seen his scoring average dip since coming to the Raptors. Still, hes not complaining. "Im in a different situation right now and Im pretty happy," said Vasquez, who has stepped in as a reliable backup to Kyle Lowry, something the team was desperately searching for early in the season. "I think winning really makes everything so much better. Id rather be in a winning program right now than going through a tough time [in Sacramento]." You would have to be naive to think that Wednesdays return to Sacramento is just another game for those four. The Kings are 11-19 since sending them to Toronto and the statement theyre hoping to make has more to do with their collective success than individual performances. "You always look forward to playing the team that traded you," said Vasquez, averaging seven points and four assists with the Raptors. "More than that its about winning. At the end of the day, whether I play well, whether I dont play well, I just want to go back to Sacramento with a win." Vasquez was only with the Kings for a couple months to begin the season. For Salmons, his connection with the Sacramento franchise goes back seven years. In 2006, the Philadelphia-native pulled out of a deal with the Raptors to sign in Sacramento. After being moved to the Bulls, then to the Bucks, Salmons eventually found his way back to the Kings but became expendable when new ownership decided to take the team in a different direction. The trade to Toronto was Salmons fifth since being drafted out of Miami in 2002 but he took this one more personally than the others. He felt slighted by an organization that he had spent most of his career playing for. "When I got traded I had mixed feelings, strong mixed feelings," he admitted. "Im not going to say I was totally mad at the [Kings] organization it was just, I dont know, it was just a little tougher this time." Now, as he and his teammates get set to make their much-anticipated return, that animosity is water under the bridge, more or less. Salmons, like the other three, is sincerely happy to be a Raptor. Winning is the best medicine. "Guys enjoy winning," said Salmons. "Theres the old saying, winning cures everything so the more we win the more people want to sacrifice to continue winning." ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Presentarte