the hottest team

CUANDO SE ENTRE POR PRIMERA VEZ A SALUDAR A TODOS.

the hottest team

Notapor Cl11234566 » Vie, 10 Ene 2020, 03:06

NEW YORK -- CC Sabathia is disappointed and relieved all at the same time. Sidelined with a right knee injury, the New York Yankees pitcher spoke to reporters Saturday morning for the first time since the team announced he will have season-ending surgery Wednesday. Sabathia said the news was difficult to absorb and his situation is "not fun." But hes glad doctors recommended an arthroscopic cleanup rather than microfracture surgery, which would have required perhaps an 18-month recovery. "Its tough. Its unfortunate," Sabathia said. "But I feel, I guess, relieved that I have some answers, and kind of a plan in place to kind of move forward." The big left-hander, who turns 34 on Monday, said hes confident he will be back on the mound in spring training. And with a blueprint now in place for his return, he said he was able to get "some real sleep" Friday night for the first time in weeks. General manager Brian Cashman, however, cautioned Friday that theres no guarantee Sabathia will be able to pitch effectively next season. The operation will be performed by Los Angeles Dodgers head physician Dr. Neal ElAttrache. Sabathia said he was told he can resume baseball activities six to eight weeks after the procedure. "He feels good about it, and I do, too," Sabathia said, adding that NBA star Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder had the same surgery and came back fine. "Obviously, youve got to deal with a little bit of swelling here and there, but its something I have to do. My goal in talking to (Dr. ElAttrache) was to pitch the next five, six years and past this contract and be able to go out and do that. So Im confident in that idea." Sabathia also had surgery on his right knee in October 2010 to repair a small meniscus cartilage tear. He said he thinks the latest injury was caused by simple wear and tear. "Its something that Im going to have to deal with probably for the rest of my life and eventually have a big surgery, but right now the goal is to keep playing, and this is the easiest way," he said. Sabathia has been sidelined with a degenerative cartilage problem in his right knee since mid-May, and the Yankees all but ruled out a 2014 return after he had a setback early this month while on a minor league rehab assignment. He was hit hard July 2 in an outing for Double-A Trenton and woke up the next morning with swelling in the joint. The six-time All-Star and 2007 AL Cy Young Award winner made only eight major league starts this year and finished 3-4 with a career-worst 5.28 ERA. He is 208-119 with a 3.63 ERA in 14 seasons. After signing a $161 million, seven-year deal with New York as a free agent before the 2009 season, Sabathia had his contract extended in 2011 by one year and $30 million. Making $23 million this season, Sabathia is scheduled to earn $23 million in 2015 and $25 million in 2016. The Yankees have a $25 million option for 2017 with a $5 million buyout. Despite his 6-foot-7, 285-pound frame, Sabathia had been extremely durable until this year. He had made at least 28 starts and pitched 180 innings or more every season of his career, reaching 200 innings eight times. "Its something that Ive never had to deal with. But I am now, and like I said, hopefully this will give me the time to heal and get healthy and come back to be ready to go in spring training," Sabathia said. "If thats the case, and thats the best-case scenario, especially at my age and with everything thats happened and all the innings that Ive pitched and everything, I guess Im fine with that." Tom Van Arsdale Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. The latest from Bob As tweeted by TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie on Monday, the Columbus Blue Jackets need to resolve their offseason plans with forward R. Travis Mays Jersey . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. https://www.cheapkingsbasketball.com/36 ... s.html.com) - A pair of Eastern Conference rivals will meet on Saturday as D. Walt Williams Jersey . Now, the hottest team on the ATP are pointing their sights on qualifying for the eight-team season finals in London next November. Pospisil has now established the year-end World Tour Finals as the benchmark for a breakthrough season, with Pospisil and Sock provisionally standing ninth. Kings Jerseys 2020 . - Anthony Beauvillier had the winning goal in the third period as the Shawinigan Cataractes edged the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 2-1 on Wednesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play.GUELPH, Ont. -- Justin Nichols made 40 saves as the Guelph Storm blanked the visiting Erie Otters 5-0 on Friday to advance to the Ontario Hockey League championship final. Zack Mitchell had a pair of goals for the Storm, who won the best-of-seven Western Conference final 4-1. Nick Ebert aand Kerby Rychel each had a goal and an assist.dddddddddddd. Matt Finn added a single goal for Guelph, which is 12-3 in post-season play. Devin Williams turned away 35-of-39 shots for the Otters. The Storm will face the North Bay Battalion for the J. Ross Robertson Cup. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Presentarte