aspires to qualify

CUANDO SE ENTRE POR PRIMERA VEZ A SALUDAR A TODOS.

aspires to qualify

Notapor Cl11234566 » Vie, 06 Dic 2019, 06:45

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- With The King atop the pit box at Watkins Glen International, Marcos Ambrose wasnt about to disappoint. The aggressive Australian dueled early with Kyle Busch to fall off the pace in the NASCAR Nationwide race, then was flawless the rest of the way Saturday, holding off a hard-charging Busch at the end to win the race for the fourth time in his last four starts. "Its just something special. Im just so thrilled for the guys," Ambrose said. "I had my tongue hanging out the whole day. There was nothing left. I tried to hold him back. Another lap and I would have been in trouble." Ambrose raced to three straight victories at the track from 2008-2010, then missed the 2011-2013 events after failing to find a sponsor. Ambroses future in NASCAR with Richard Petty Motorsports remains in doubt, and he desperately needs a victory in Sundays Sprint Cup race to have any chance of making the Chase for the championship. "Theres a lot at stake, a lot of stuff going on in my mind," Ambrose said. "If I can repeat my performance today, Ill be happy." At least Ambrose will start from the front row alongside Jeff Gordon, so the catbird seat will be up for grabs as soon as the green flag waves. "Maybe this will give him a little more incentive," Petty said. "Hes just unreal. Hes doing his job, for dang sure." Joey Logano finished third, followed by Penske teammate and polesitter Brad Keselowski. Matt Kenseth was fifth as Sprint Cup drivers dominated on the speedy 2.45-mile road course. Points leader Chase Elliott finished sixth, Ty Dillon was eighth, and Regan Smith had a difficult race and came home 17th. That boosted Elliotts lead in the standings to 12 points over Smith and 13 over Dillon and Elliott Sadler, who was seventh. Ambrose led 48 laps of the 82-lap race for his fifth Nationwide victory, all on road courses and a series record. The race became intense early when Busch and Ambrose, who started together on the second row, tangled in the chicane, or inner loop, on the sixth lap. Busch drove inside of Ambrose entering the quick four-turn section, a move reminiscent of one Ambrose made when he stunned Busch in the same place in the 2009 event and went on to win the race. "I looked up halfway down the back straight, he was close and he ducked out late," Ambrose said. "I turned in late because I was very committed. He bumped my left rear. It wasnt intentional. He was trying to get out of the way. No harm, no foul. Just hard racing." Both spun out into a big runoff area after the contact, dropping several spots in the running order as the Penske duo of Logano and Keselowski took control. "I knew it wasnt over, thats for sure," said Ambrose, his young daughters smiling as they watched in the media centre. "The moment I spun out, I tried 110 per cent the rest of the way. It just goes to show you these races are never over. You cant quit." A decisive moment came just past the midpoint of the race. Logano pitted after Ambrose and zoomed onto the track as Ambrose came streaking by. Both ran side-by-side through the first two turns and into the uphill section until Ambrose edged ahead. "Super important," Ambrose said. "If I hadnt cleared him right there, he would have been gone. It would have been hard to pass him." "That was definitely a key moment," Logano added. "If I could have gotten out front of him there, I felt like if I got clean air and ran hard, I could gap him. It would have been close. Im not going to say I would have won the race, but if I didnt run so hard and burn off the tires, would it have been enough to beat him? I dont know." When the race restarted with 20 laps to go after the fifth caution, the four cars that began the race in the first two rows were still there, just in a different order. Ambrose cleared Logano when the green flag flew, with Busch and Keselowski right behind. Busch challenged Keselowski for third entering the chicane, and Keselowskis defensive move sent him spinning off course, grass and dirt flying as he dropped to sixth. Logano stalked Ambrose as the two front-runners pulled away from Busch by over 2 seconds as Keselowski tried to rebound from his mistake. Busch began to close, passing Logano with less than five laps to go but never got to Ambroses back bumper. "I just got caught in a bad spot early and battled back," Busch said. "I tried to chase down Marcos. A few more laps maybe, but." Jack McCloskey Jersey Signed . The German has taken the pole for three straight races -- winning the first two. Hes aiming for a third consecutive win at the Yeongam circuit and, most importantly, a fourth consecutive F1 championship. Terrence Jones Jersey Signed . The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the league hasnt announced the award. Crawford was the Clippers third-leading scorer and the NBAs top-scoring reserve with 18. https://www.cheapnbajerseysjustwholesale.com/. "It was a little weird looking over and seeing all the green uniforms," he said of his first game against the Boston Celtics. Bobby Brown Jersey Signed .com) - Darius Carter and Ron Baker scored 18 points apiece to help 13th-ranked Wichita State beat Evansville 61-41 on Saturday. NBA Jerseys For Sale . His team rose to the occasion Sunday with a 3-1 victory over Sweden in the bronze-medal game. "The sting from yesterday is not something we hid from or pretend didnt happen," Dineen said.LONDON -- Tottenham hired Mauricio Pochettino as the clubs new manager on a five-year contract on Tuesday, with the former Argentina defender making the move from fellow Premier League side Southampton. Pochettino replaced Tim Sherwood, who was fired on May 13 after just five months in the job following Tottenhams sixth-place finish in the league. The 42-year-old Pochettino developed a strong reputation for playing a positive, attacking brand of football in his 18 months at Southampton, which he joined from Spanish side Espanyol when he replaced Nigel Adkins. Southampton finished eighth in the standings last season, with its highest Premier League points haul of 56. "This is a club with tremendous history and prestige and I am honoured to have been given this opportunity to be its head coach," Pochettino said. "There is an abundance of top-class talent at the club and I am looking forward to starting work with the squad. We are determined to give the supporters the kind of attacking football and success that we are all looking to achieve." Pochettino is the eighth permanent manager to be appointed in Spurs chairman Daniel Levys 13 years at the club. "In Mauricio I believe we have a head coach who, with his high energy, attacking football, will embrace the style of play we associate with our club," Levy said in a statement. "He has a proven ability to develop each player as an individual, whilst building great team spirit and a winning mentality. We have a talented squad that Mauricio is excited to be coaching nexxt season.dddddddddddd" Tottenham aspires to qualify for the Champions League again, having played one season alongside Europes elite in 2010-11. Following the sale of winger Gareth Bale to Real Madrid for 100 million euros (then $132 million), the North-London club went through a chaotic season that has featured defeats of 6-0 and 5-1 to Manchester City, 5-0 at home to Liverpool and a change of manager when Andre Villas-Boas was replaced by Sherwood. Pochettinos arrival could also help relaunch the career of forward Erik Lamela, who has struggled to adapt to the Premier League and was hampered by a series of injuries since joining the club for an estimated 30 million pounds ($50.41 million) fee. Although he was beaten twice by Sherwood last season, the former Espanyol boss led Southampton to its highest-ever Premier League finish. He will keep working with his own staff, with assistant coach Jesus Perez, first team coach Miguel DAgostino and goalkeeper coach Toni Jimenez all following him to White Hart Lane. Southampton said it has begun its search for a "high-calibre" manager, with Sherwood reportedly an option to replace Pochettino alongside the likes of Malky Mackay, Steve McClaren, Murat Yakin and Michael Laudrup. "The club has been on a constant path of growth since the arrival of (the late owner) Markus Liebherr in 2009," Saints chairman Ralph Krueger said. "This growth took place before Mauricio came, it continued strongly under his leadership, and it will continue into the next season." ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Presentarte