relatively laid back

CUANDO SE ENTRE POR PRIMERA VEZ A SALUDAR A TODOS.

relatively laid back

Notapor Cl11234566 » Vie, 06 Dic 2019, 06:33

HOUSTON – Expect the Blue Jays three most prominent injured players to return at different times, likely this month, with Brett Lawrie at the front of the line. “Its good news hes playing,” said manager John Gibbons. “He beat the other two guys. I thought it would be the opposite.” Lawrie played second base for Single-A Dunedin on Friday night. In four plate appearances, he went 1-for-3 with a single, a walk, two runs scored and two strikeouts. As has been the case for the entirety of the season, Lawrie wont have a strict positional home as he works his way back to the big leagues. “(Saturday) hell play third and then hell go back to second. Well play him both spots,” said Gibbons. Lawrie suffered a fractured right index finger when he was hit in the hand by a Johnny Cueto pitch on June 22 in Cincinnati. His return to game action comes just shy of six weeks since the incident and hell need ample time to get his offensive timing back. Dont expect to see Lawrie for the early part of the next homestand, Gibbons cautioned. “Last year we brought him back a couple of times without allowing a lot of playing time down there and he suffered for it, especially that first go around,” said Gibbons. “I would say its at least a week (in the minor leagues).” Meanwhile, Gibbons said Adam Lind (fractured right foot) could begin his minor league rehabilitation assignment early next week. As for Edwin Encarnacion (strained right quadriceps), Gibbons said, “Eddies making progress but hes not close at the moment.” DICKEY ON THE DEADLINE R.A. Dickey agreed to a trade to Toronto in December, 2012, with the assurance the Blue Jays were fully vested in competing for World Series championships. He was measured in his comments to TSN.ca when approached on the clubs silence as Thursdays trade deadline came and went. “I think I was a little bit surprised. I think a few of us thought that we were going to get something done,” said Dickey. “Surprise doesnt necessarily mean disappointed but at the same time any helps always welcome. You think about it from the angle that you fought hard without a lot of the players that you really feel like make your best team up and youve kept it close and youre right there. A little help probably wouldnt have hurt. At the same you look around the locker room and youve got guys whove stepped up admirably.” Dickey was intrigued by the number of deals involving high-profile big leaguers being moved for other major league talent. Boston and Oakland hooked up on a deal that saw Jon Lester join the Athletics, with Yoenis Cespedes moving east. Tampa Bay, Detroit and Seattle swung a three-way deal that landed David Price with the Tigers, Austin Jackson with the Mariners and Drew Smyly with the Rays. The Jays decided not to be players; that or they couldnt be players, in smaller deals like the moves the Yankees pulled off for infielders Stephen Drew and Martin Prado. “Everybody has a different opinion and thats okay,” said Dickey. “Some guys are probably more aggravated than others and some guys feel like its not as big a deal as other guys. I feel like if we pitch well were going to be in it. Thats all it comes down to; if we pitch well were going to have a shot at it. We werent really in the market for a pitcher anyway so from my standpoint its just a matter of trying to execute, trying to get our guys to be consistent in the rotation and being able to hand the ball off late in the game.” GOINS PLAYING FOR TODAY Ryan Goins looks like a different offensive player since his recall from Buffalo on July 22. In 10 games entering Fridays play, he was hitting .324 and just as importantly, hitting balls hard on a more consistent basis. He credits a clear mind. “If youre thinking about your mechanics while youre in the box, these pitchers are good enough that theyre going to get you out a lot of the time,” said Goins. “I went to Buffalo and just said Im going to go to the box with a clear mind every at-bat. Thats what Ive been doing.” The message when he was sent back to Buffalo on April 28, having hit .150 to that point, was not to mope. He went about his business for almost three months, hitting .285/.331/.344 for the Bisons, before coming back to Toronto. With the Blue Jays expecting the return of injured players Brett Lawrie, Adam Lind and Edwin Encarnacion at different times this month, Goins knows his spot on the club isnt a sure thing. He has options, meaning he can be returned to Buffalo without first being exposed to irrevocable waivers, and is therefore a likely candidate to be sent down. If that happens, expect Goins to return when rosters expand to 40 players in September. “You cant look forward,” said Goins. “I just take it day to day coming here. Its a true statement. Guys told me in Triple-A, the older guys, once you think youre in, youre out and once you think youre out, youre in. You never really know, day to day what its going to be. I could be out of here in a week; we get guys coming off the DL, you never know.” Jose Fernandez Jersey . Inter moved five points behind fourth-place Fiorentina and eight points behind third-place Napoli, which visits relegation-threatened Sassuolo on Sunday. Wei-Yin Chen Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/441r ... rlins.html. That time around, the cage is as much a part of baseballs daily routine as a beer and a hotdog is to a fan in the stands. Coaches, scouts, broadcasters and other media hover, tossing verbal barbs, telling stories and sharing laughs. Occasionally, especially in spring when the atmosphere is relatively laid back, the list of invited guests expands and on this day, Gibbons welcomed two men strongly influential in his life. Garrett Cooper Jersey . Joining him in this years class were Switzerlands Patrick Huerlimann and Norways Eigil Ramsfjell. The announcement was made at the world mens curling championship at Capital Indoor Stadium in China. Jordan Holloway Jersey . -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative.HAMILTON - Garrett Wilson scored twice as the San Antonio Rampage downed the Hamilton Bulldogs 5-2 in American Hockey League action on Sunday.Rocco Grimaldi, Bobby Butler, and Connor Brickley also scored for the Rampage (5-2-0), who had goals 49 seconds apart in the second periodd to take the lead for good.ddddddddddddChristian Thomas and Gabriel Dumont replied for the Bulldogs (2-2-2), who outshot their opponent 30-26.San Antonios Dan Ellis made 28 saves for the win while Hamiltons Joey MacDonald stopped 21 shots to shoulder in the loss. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Presentarte