in the playoffs

Descripción de los pasos necesarios para el registro de usuarios

in the playoffs

Notapor Cl11234566 » Lun, 30 Dic 2019, 03:20

ANAHEIM, Calif. - Derek Jeter gave the Los Angeles Angels fans something special to remember him by in his final game at the "Big A." And he received something equally special in return. Jeter ended a home run drought of 161 at-bats in his final regular-season game against the Angels, and the New York Yankees kept Hector Santiago winless in seven starts with a 9-2 victory on Wednesday night. Vidal Nuno (1-0) allowed a run and four hits in 6 13 innings, struck out three and retired 14 of his last 15 batters. The left-handers only other victory in seven big league starts was May 13 of last season, when he pitched five scoreless innings of three-hit ball at Cleveland in a 7-0 decision. Unless both clubs meet in the playoffs, this was Jeters swan song against the Halos, who dropped two of three in the Bronx 1 1-2 weeks ago. Jered Weaver, Albert Pujols, Mike Trout and Howie Kendrick carried a 12-foot-long pinstriped paddleboard with Jeters No. 2 and the Yankee logo to the middle of the diamond and presented it to him following a milestone-studded video tribute as the sellout crowd of 44,083 roared its approval. "That was a cool gift. I thought that was awesome. I can use that in my backyard," Jeter said with a grin. "But I dont expect something everywhere I go. I mean, this was a surprise to me. The fans have been awesome here from the first game of the series. Its something that youll remember, and I appreciate it. Ive played a lot of games here in the regular season and post-season, so I have fond memories of playing in Anaheim." It was the second time in two years that the Angels management went out of the way to honour a member of former manager Joe Torres "Core Four." Last season it was Mariano Rivera, who retired as the all-time saves leader and received a painting of himself. "Mos different from me," Jeter said. "I play every day, so I have to go out there and play (after the pregame ceremony). Mo got massaged for five innings and went out on to the bullpen in the seventh, so its completely different." Jeter made it 6-0 in the second with a two-out drive to left-centre for his 257th career homer and first since July 28, 2013, against Tampa Bays Matt Moore at New York. In Mondays series opener, the Yankees captain doubled to end a drought of 55 at-bats without an extra-base hit. "Its good to get one," Jeter said. "Im not catching Babe Ruth or anything, but at least youd like to get one. The important thing is that we got a win. It was a good game for us in a lot of different ways." Eleven of Jeters last 12 home runs have been solo shots, including one against Santiago when he pitched for the White Sox in August 2012. "When he came up to the plate the first time, I kind of gave him a little head nod, like Hey, we appreciate what youre doing here. But then you just battle, man," Santiago said. "I felt like I made a good pitch to him his next time up. Hes gotten me in the past on off-speed stuff, so I just went away from that. It was one of the better cutters Ive thrown my last seven starts, and he got me." Jeter got a standing ovation before his final at-bat during the Yankees three-run eighth. He hit a fielders choice comebacker to reliever Cory Rasmus for a force at the plate after a two-run single by John Ryan Murphy, and Carlos Beltran added a sacrifice fly. Santiago (0-6) was charged with six runs, five hits and three walks in 2 1-3 innings. Four of the runs were unearned, the result of errors by Santiago and right fielder Cowgill. NOTES: One day after the publication of Riveras book, "The Closer: My Story," Yankees manager Joe Girardi sidestepped questions about the combustible content — which included Riveras opinion that Bostons Dustin Pedroia was a better second baseman than ex-teammate Robinson Cano. "Those are Marianos comments, and its probably why I chose not to write books," Girardi said. "I had plenty of opportunities with some of my experiences, but right now I just dont think it would be a good idea." ... Jeters first game in Anaheim was May 27, 1996, when he batted ninth and went 0 for 3 with a sacrifice fly and two walks in Andy Pettittes 16-5 win over future Yankee Jim Abbott. Abner Haynes Jersey .75 million contract for the 2014 season and avoided arbitration. The team announced the agreement on Tuesday. Ty Law Jersey . PAUL, Minn. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custo ... -756n.html. If Vettel wins at Suzuka on Sunday, and his nearest rival Fernando Alonso finishes worse than eighth, the German driver will join his compatriot Michael Schumacher and Argentine Juan-Manuel Fangio as the only men to win four consecutive titles. Mecole Hardman Jersey . According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the deal will pay Schenn $2.25 million in the first year and $2.75 million in the second year. In 82 games with the Flyers in 2013-14, Schenn scored 20 goals and added 21 assists. Darron Lee Jersey . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday.(SportsNetwork.com) - Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks will take aim at a 2-0 lead in the Western Conference second round series when they host the Minnesota Wild in Sundays clash at United Center. You can watch all the action LIVE on TSN and online with TSN GO beginning at 3pm et/Noon pt. The defending Stanley Cup champions recorded a 5-2 win in Game 1 on Friday to grab an early lead in the best-of-seven series. Despite the final margin, the game was deadlocked early in the third period before Kane and his teammates took control of the contest for good. Chicago carried a 2-0 lead into the third, but Clayton Stoner and Kyle Brodziak scored under five minutes apart early in the frame to even the score for Minnesota. Thats when Kane kicked his quest for a second straight Conn Smythe Trophy into high gear. Kane scored the first two of Chicagos three unanswered goals in the third period to help the Blackhawks win going away. The 25-year-old American now has five goals in this postseason, tying him for the most in the NHL during the 2014 playoffs. Los Angeles Kings forward Marian Gaborik also has five goals as does Paul Stastny of the Colorado Avalanche, who were eliminated in the first round by Minnesota. Kanes first goal on Friday was of the highlight variety. The Chicago winger carried the disc down the left side and into the Minnesota zone before cutting through the high slot, where he faked a drop pass. Given room to work, Kane held off his defender and worked into the low right circle before lifting a filthy backhand over the short-side shoulder of Wild goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov. "It was one of those plays where I was about to drop it to (Patrick Sharp) but I saw both defencemen kind of go to him," Kane said of his tie-breaking goal. "I just tried to get in on the backhand and made a good shot." Kane doubled Chicagos lead at 16:47 when Sharps shot from the right point deflected off Ben Smiths stick in the circle and ricocheted to the low left side, where Kane was waiting to send the puck home for a 4-2 lead. Bryan Bickell added an empty-netter with 2:41 remaining to arrive at the ffinal margin.dddddddddddd Bickell had opened the scoring with a power-play goal in the first. Corey Crawford registered 30 saves for the Blackhawks and Marian Hossa also scored. Bryzgalov started in net for the Wild in place of an injured Darcy Kuemper, who was forced to exit Minnesotas Game 7 victory over Colorado after sustaining an undisclosed injury late in the contest. Bryzgalov stopped the only shot he faced in relief against the Avalanche, but turned aside just 17-of-21 shots in Fridays setback. With Kuemper expected to miss another tilt, the situation in net will likely remain unchanged on Sunday. John Curry, a 30-year-old journeyman, suited up as Bryzgalovs backup on Friday and could do so again in Game 2. Curry has seen action in six career NHL games and none in the playoffs. The Wild, holders of the first of the Wests two wild card spots, are trying to avoid being eliminated by Chicago for the second time in as many years. Minnesota, which is in the second round of the postseason for the first time since 2003, lost to the Blackhawks in five games during the opening round last spring. Although the Wild appeared to be the better team at times in Game 1, Minnesota head coach Mike Yeo knows his team needs to play a more complete game to pull off an upset of the reigning champs. "There wasnt enough urgency in the details and the little things that add up to make the difference at this time of year," Yeo said. "We slipped a little bit from last game. We didnt bring the same level and so well rectify that." Minnesota was playing Game 1 in Chicago on the heels of winning a road Game 7 in Colorado on Wednesday. On Friday, tHe Wild fell to 1-7 all-time in the first contest of a series and havent won a Game 1 since their first-ever playoff game, a 4-2 win against Colorado on April 10, 2003. On the injury front for Chicago, forward Andrew Shaw left the game in the first period after absorbing a hit from Stoner and did not return. He is day- to-day with a lower-body injury and will not play Sunday. Game 3 of this series is scheduled for Tuesday in Minnesota, with the Wild also set to host the fourth meeting on Friday. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Como puedo hacer para entrar?