president and director

president and director

Notapor Cl11234566 » Sab, 04 Ene 2020, 02:51

MANCHESTER, England - Manchester Citys defence of the League Cup was ended by a 2-0 home loss to Newcastle in the last 16 on Wednesday, with an injury to playmaker David Silva completing a miserable night for the out-of-form English champions.Tottenham and Southampton also won to reach the quarterfinals, where Chelsea and Liverpool — the biggest teams left in the competition — face away matches at second-tier opponents Derby and Bournemouth, respectively.Young striker Rolando Aarons scored in the sixth minute and France midfielder Moussa Sissoko dribbled through Citys defence to add a brilliant second goal in the 76th for under-strength Newcastle, whose season began dreadfully but has been turned around with three straight wins.Silva, one of Citys most important players, came off at Etihad Stadium in the eighth minute after twisting his left knee — four days before the derby against Manchester United in the Premier League.In the past week, City has lost 2-1 at West Ham to drop six points behind Chelsea in the Premier League and squandered a two-goal lead to draw at CSKA Moscow in the Champions League, where it is struggling to qualify from its group.We all wanted to continue in this cup but we couldnt do it because we are not in a good moment, City manager Manuel Pellegrini said.We are conceding goals. We are not moving the ball as fast as we normally do. It was not a good week.Newcastles reward in the last eight was a trip to Tottenham, which beat second-tier Brighton 2-0 thanks to second-half goals by substitute Erik Lamela and Harry Kane at White Hart Lane.Southampton won 3-2 at Stoke, with Italy striker Graziano Pelle scoring the winner — his second of the game — in the 88th minute, moments after Peter Crouch was sent off for the hosts at Britannia Stadium.The victory continued Southamptons superb start to the season, with the south-coast club second in the Premier League behind Chelsea and having won nine of its last 10 games in all competitions.Southampton, one of five Premier League teams in the draw for quarterfinals, will next play third-tier Sheffield United — the lowest-ranked team remaining.To cap a stunning night for Newcastle, whose last domestic title was the FA Cup in 1955, midfielder Ryan Taylor completed 90 minutes in his first game for 26 months after two knee ligament injuries.I think one of our staff will have to scrape him off his bed tomorrow because he wont be able to move, said Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, whose job was under severe pressure a month ago but now looks more secure.It has been difficult the first part of this season but we believe in ourselves (and) have come through that spell.The 18-year-old Aarons was one of a number of fringe players given a start, with Pardew having one eye on Saturdays early kickoff against Liverpool, but he took his chance to impress by latching onto a loose ball after Fernandinho was dispossessed. Aarons glided past Eliaquim Mangala and shot through the goalkeepers legs for Newcastles first goal against City in 525 minutes.City was sloppy in possession and outfought by Newcastle, with Sissoko clinching victory by powering past Fernandinho and Bacary Sagna before poking his finish into the corner. Stitched Magic Jerseys . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Khem Birch Jersey . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". https://www.cheapmagiconline.com/518i-p ... magic.html. The last team in the NBA that will have any sympathy for the Thunder is the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are showing signs of putting everything together after two years of devastating injuries. Fake Magic Jerseys .com) - Nino Williams posted 18 points and seven rebounds, as Kansas State edged No. Custom Orlando Magic Jerseys . - Jerome Verrier scored the winner 8:24 into overtime and Louis-Phillip Guindon stopped 46 shots as the Drummondville Voltigeurs edged the host Val-dOr Foreurs 4-3 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action.CALGARY -- After seven years of learning the ropes in Phoenix, Brad Treliving says hes ready to return home and take the reins of an NHL team in a hockey-mad market. The Flames announced Monday that Treliving, a former assistant general manager with the Coyotes, will take over the vacant GM spot in Calgary. "Im ready for this,"Treliving said. "I know the challenges here we have ahead of us as a team ... I know the expectations of this market. I know the expectations of this fan base. And I want you to know Im prepared for this and Im ready for this challenge." Team president of hockey operations Brian Burke officially announced the hiring at an afternoon news conference. "Make no mistake about it folks, Brad is the general manager of this team, effective right now," Burke said, adding that Treliving was the only candidate the Flames interviewed. "Its important people understand that. It speaks volumes for what we think of Brad as a general manager," Burke said. Treliving, a native of Penticton, B.C., referred to himself a "proud Western Canadian" and said he welcomed the move. "In a lot of ways I look at this as a homecoming," the 44-year-old said. "Coming in yesterday, seeing the Rocky Mountains ... I appreciate Brian and (Flames president and CEO Ken Kings) hospitality. You got rid of the snow for a guy whos had his blood thinning in the desert the past few years." Treliving also had kind words for the Coyotes organization, where he worked closely with GM Don Maloney and was in charge of their AHL affiliate in Portland. Treliving worked for the Coyotes while they were on shaky ground and administered by the NHL before being bought by a Canadian-led group last year. "I know for a lot of people up here and outsidee of the Phoenix market over the past few years, theres been a lot of stories written (but) it was a great experience there because of the people there.dddddddddddd" Treliving will take over general manager duties from Burke, who served as interim GM after firing Jay Feaster in December. "He is the single most significant factor for me being here today," Treliving said of Burke. Treliving is also assistant GM for Team Canada at the IIHF world championship. He previously served as president of the Central Hockey League and president and director of hockey operations for the Western Professional Hockey League, which he founded. The Flames missed the playoffs for the fifth straight season after finishing with a 35-40-7 record for 77 points. Calgary was 13th in the Western Conference standings. As the Coyotes vice-president of hockey operations, Treliving worked closely with Maloney on personnel matters and helping build a team despite the financial limitations of being run by the NHL for four seasons. "Brad has learned at the knee of a general manager for whom I have great respect, Don Maloney. Hes been directly and actively involved in every facet of the general managers job," Burke said "He has a keen mind and a reputation as an extremely hard worker. Its my job to provide Brad with whatever guidance and leadership I can." The team made the playoffs in each of their four seasons without an owner before failing to reach the post-season the past two seasons. Trelivings duties also included managing the professional and amateur scouting staffs and making player personnel assignments to the teams minor-league affiliates. Treliving, who played in the International Hockey League, AHL and ECHL, is the son of Boston Pizza co-owner Jim Treliving. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Volver a Como subir fotos y archivos